Are you considering adoption and becoming an adoptive parent? Did you know that in the state of Arizona any adult who is a state resident, whether single, married, or separated, can qualify to become an adoptive parent?
Our experienced team of Family Law attorneys can assist you throughout every step of the adoption process. But before you get started, here are 5 quick tips to review if you are considering adoption in Arizona.
5 Quick Arizona Adoption Tips
- Complete a written application to become an adoptive parent.
- Consider what type of child you would like to adopt (gender, minimum and maximum age, disability level, etc.).
- Research and choose an adoption agency.
- Ensure you can prove to the court you are fit to adopt a child (provide social history, references, finances, etc.).
- Hire an adoption attorney who is experienced in the court system and knowledgable in Arizona adoption law to represent you throughout the adoption process.
Learn more about our private adoption or DCS adoption services by contacting our legal team at Joyce & Dubin, PLLC. Speak with one of our experienced adoption attorneys today. An adoption is a wonderful way to grow your family, and our attorneys are honored to work with you to achieve that goal.