Are you considering becoming an adoptive parent? Did you know that in the state of Arizona any adult who is a state resident, whether single, married, or separated, can qualify to become an adoptive parent?
Here are 5 quick tips if you are considering adoption in Arizona.
- Complete a written application to become an adoptive parent.
- Consider what type of child you would like to adopt (gender, minimum and maximum age, disability level, etc.).
- Research and choose an adoption agency.
- Ensure you can prove to the court you are fit to adopt a child (provide social history, references, finances, etc.).
- Hire an adoption attorney who is experienced in the court system and knowledgable in Arizona adoption law to represent you throughout the adoption process.